Getting the correct news is important right now.
2019 Novel Coronavirus from the CDC
2019 Novel Coronavirus The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
- Cases in the U.S.on August 9, 2022 at 5:06 pm
CDC COVID Data Tracker - Cases and Deaths by State
- Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccinationon August 8, 2022 at 4:00 am
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines, and these vaccines will undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history. CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are eligible. Adverse events described on this page have been reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- COVID Data Tracker Weekly Reviewon August 5, 2022 at 4:00 am
A review of the week's key data from CDC's COVID Data Tracker, narrative interpretations, and visualizations.
- Treatments Your Healthcare Provider Might Recommend for Severe Illnesson August 5, 2022 at 4:00 am
This page provides a broad overview of therapies that are currently recommended for COVID-19 treatment. The FDA can issue emergency use authorizations (EUAs) to allow healthcare providers to use products that are not yet approved, or are approved for other uses, to treat patients with COVID-19 if certain legal requirements are met. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has developed and regularly updates Treatment Guidelines to help guide healthcare providers caring patients with COVID-19. Any treatments that are used for COVID-19 should be under the care of a healthcare provider.
- Possible Side Effects After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccineon August 5, 2022 at 4:00 am
COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19. Learn about possible side effects and some helpful tips to relieve side effects.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Update from the CDC
COVID-19 COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths across the United States are rising. Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Novavax COVID-19, Adjuvanted Vaccine: Overview and Safetyon July 20, 2022 at 4:00 am
Learn about the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine, including general information, ingredients, possible side effects, and study results.
- Travel ' CDCon July 5, 2022 at 6:00 pm
See a map with COVID-19 risk assessment by country, find travel requirements, recommendations, and information by vaccination status for global travel.
- Wearing Masks in Travel and Public Transportation Settingson May 13, 2022 at 4:00 am
Learn more about the recommendation for masks on public transportation and transportation hubs to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccines for People Vaccinated Outside the United Stateson April 19, 2022 at 4:00 am
Learn about CDC's recommendations for people vaccinated outside of the United States, including accepted vaccines, primary series and booster guidance, and proof of vaccination information.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination Dataon April 18, 2022 at 4:00 am
CDC reports COVID-19 vaccination data online on COVID Data Tracker and in vaccination datasets. Timely and accurate reporting from jurisdictions provides the reliable data that can be reported by CDC to the public.